Last night I turned the furnace on. Two days ago we had the air on. Welcome to Minnesota! I woke up sweating my ass off, shuffled to the thermostat and almost choked when I saw it said "87". Guess I need to schedule that furnace check up.
I have approximately 17 minutes until I need to wake the angels, so we'll just jump into this one.
1. Thanks, Kraft Mac and Cheese, for putting the nutrition information on your boxes. Except, one thing: Why in the hell do you put the nutrition information for the dry ingredients only? Do you know how happy I got when I saw the unreasonably low carbs and fat grams? How many people do you think eat your product dry, out of the box? I can tell you: not many. I don't know, maybe there's a few of those freaky eaters, like the ones who eat stuffing out of furniture, but for most of us, the appeal of your product lies in the buttery, fake cheesy goodness of it all. Way to dash a fatty's hopes, Kraft. (I still licked the spoon)
2. So my dog has yet another ear infection. Yes, this is the same one he's had for a week and a half. Because this is a chronic thing, I have medication on hand for it. However, just in case I'm not the only one dealing with a stinky-eared, head shaking dog, let me tell you about a product I have discovered and so far, love: Dry Ear Powder. I got it at Petsmart for about $7.00 and hello, wonder product. It provided almost INSTANT relief for Walter. Just an FYI.
3. So we've been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer here. Thanks, Netflix, for feeding my illness. Can I just say, this show is awesome! How did I miss this? Oh yeah, I had three toddlers and was getting all nice and knocked up with another baby. That tends to cut into your television time. But I'm hooked now. In fact, I started talking to the t.v. last night. "Oh no! Spike can't bite anyone! He could die!". My kids are worried. And how hot is David Borneanaz? Pretty hot. Except when he's playing Angel all depressed and sulky. That got old. And one more thing: Why did they dress Sarah Michelle Gellar like a 30 year old assistant manager at The Limited? Girl was smokin'.
4. Do you know of the band Dinosaur Junior? I love them. They're coming to Minneapolis on October 18th. Local friends? Be warned. I'm going to try and get there and I'm probably going to try and drag one or more of you there with me. The lead singer has a voice that causes strange stirrings in my nether-regions. He's not so stimulating, visually, but that's ok. Just close your eyes. Give a listen:
If I was younger, not sterilized and had a willing partner? That would be some baby-makin' music right there.
5. My laptop is on its last legs, and these legs are not doing so well. The cursor will jump, highlight and delete things at random. Also the fan keeps coming on with such gusto that it wakes up the dog. And the space bar doesn't work so well. Oh, pink Dell. Please don't leave me. At least not until I can afford to replace you.
6. Here's my Weight Watcher's treat tip of the week: Siggi's Yogurt. It's Icelandic style yogurt, whatever that means. I think the folks in Iceland were getting all jealous of the Greeks and all the attention their yogurt was getting so they came up with this. It's tasty. And ONLY 2 POINTS for a container! Plus, it has a cute container, which sadly matters a little tiny bit to me. The staff lunchroom can be a very judgy place. Caveat: this isn't cheap, but it's on sale this week at Target. And did I mention it's ONLY 2 POINTS?? (so far my favorite flavor is acai/mixed berry. YUM.)
7. Speaking of Weight Watchers, and all things weight-lossy, I am now officially down 2 sizes. That's awesome, right? Except, now I'm right back where I started a year and a half ago. Part of me is so mad at myself for letting things get so out of hand, but the other part is all Pollyanna and is saying, "You can't go back in time! March forward, crazy lady." So I'm going to listen to Pollyanna this time and just go with it. It feels pretty awesome to put on clothes that were becoming a little snug a few weeks ago and now, they're almost too big. I'm hoping to resurrect my favorite winter outfit this year: The Black Ribbed Turtleneck Sweater and Jeans and my man-repelling Danskos. It's a classic, and I miss it. Those t-neck sweaters can be really flattering.
8. I've said this before, but it bears repeating: You can tell a lot about a person just by observing whether or not they put their shopping carts away in parking lots. Yes, I'm talking to you, Entitled Twat at Target. I don't know if it was just too much work to put your cart in the corral that was 3 spaces away from you, or you were too busy trying to concentrate on walking in your hideous platform wedges, but you made me want to trip you. And yes, it was me who put your cart away, since you left it smack dab in the middle of the parking lot. I loathe you. PS: those jeans do make your butt look fat.
Which likewise gets me thinking about hooking up with freaking Comcast again. Just say no, Jenny.
10. I'm doing a Favorite Movie Night swap thingy over at my blog-friend Lin's place, Linny's Vault. I hope the chick I got matched up with, Jamie (her blog is here) is in the mood for some old school romantic comedies. Also, I got her my favorite Trader Joe's treat in the world, one that I cannot even buy and have in the house anymore because it's like crack. I won't tell you what it is in case she's reading but I will tell you that it's like eating a dream about puppies and kittens. And big-handed men. I will say that I am old enough to be Jamie's mom, and that she's an Army Wife which means I admire her a bunch already.
Speaking of Lin, check out her weekly Ten On Tuesday and hook yourself up over there if you have one yourself.
And that's the Ten. Now it's time for me to go play with adorable kids for a day. Have I mentioned how much I love my job?
P.S. I just want to say that I've never lied on my taxes. Have you? If you have, you may want to remedy that. Soon. Because sometimes, people who lie and cheat on their taxes get in trouble. That is all. Have a great day!