So anyhoo. My insanity level is no longer at crisis level. It's back to functioning level, which is awesome because I got me a whole lotta functioning to do this week.
On with the Ten...
1. I've been openly bitching about the freakishly warm weather we're having here in Minneapolis, but today I took Walter on a long walk and not once did I worry about slipping on ice and shattering my hip. So I guess (and I say this with a begrudgingly submissive tone in my voice) this warmer weather is ok. But it should snow for Christmas, dammit.
2. Last week, during my mental breakdown on Panic Monday, I threw my phone. I'm not usually a thrower, but up until that morning I had never crawled under a bathroom vanity and wept before either so it was a day rife with firsts. Within seconds of doing it, my inner Joan Crawford was flooded with remorse. But remorse don't buy new phones, does it? Dammit. I'm left with 2 choices: suck up my pride, renew for 2 more years with
3. Addendum to the phone thing: It's not so bad being phoneless. But I will admit I'm wondering how many booty call texts I've missed. (did you hear my sarcasm?)
4. Please let the Christmas commercials end. Please. Especially the Best Buy ones. What do all those bitches have against Santa, anyway?
5. Little known fact: Howie Mandel voiced Gizmo in "Gremlins." Who knew?
6. I've been watching Friends reruns on Nick at Nite. It's conveniently on at my bedtime. Once again, Chandler is my favorite and Monica bugs the crap out of me. Is it wrong that I now have a bunch of first grade girls at my school saying, "How YOU doin'?"? And OMG, the high waist jeans. My eyes, oh my eyes.
7. Does Google Chrome work? Ever?
8. So thanks to some Redbox freebies, I've watched Friends With Benefits, Crazy Stupid Love and Our Idiot Brother. The only one I can recommend? Crazy Stupid Love. It was sweetly predictable (with one major OMG moment) but super good. And I have to warn you: Our Idiot Brother contains a "seen from behind BALL shot". And I'm not talking about a basketball. Naked man, bent over. Not a pretty sight in real life, definitely a shocker in a movie. Especially when you're sitting next to your 16 year old daughter. Awkward.
9. So in an attempt to drum up some business on eBay, I added "Best Offer" on all of my items. So far, it's been working meh, ok. But I forgot how bad my eyes used to hurt from ROLLING so much after getting some ridiculous low-ball offers. Really? Ninety percent off the asking price? I'd have to be living in a cardboard lean-to, going to the library to use the internet and posting auctions using pictures I've drawn with a Sharpie before accepting that. (and yes, sometimes I do accept those offers because money is money and beggars can't be choosers. But still! Really??)
10. I'd like to admit something, something that may change the way you feel about me. Something I've never told anyone. I've been a liar, I've been a faker. I've pretended to love them, sung (sang??) along to their songs, watched the movies..but I don't like The Beatles. I do love The Grateful Dead though.
Come up with YOUR ten and post them over at Linny's Vault. She's awesome because she admits to having chub rub. And that makes me like her even more.