This is officially my 101st post. If I had posted every single draft I have started, tried to finish, maybe finished but didn't like? I'd have almost 200. So consider yourself lucky that I have at least a partial filter on this thing, otherwise you'd be subjected to a whole lotta Jenny dreck. And I can't thank you enough for reading the stuff I have decided to post. Whether or not you are aware of it, me writing this blog and you 10 or so kind ladies (and one gent, Jeff...maybe two if we count Big Daddy) reading it has been a majorly good thing in my life.
At the very least? My typing speed is improving.
In honor of this historically important post, here are 101 Random Thoughts, Facts and Other Flotsam and Jetsam from Jenny's Brain (don't worry, my attention will wane at about 30...):
1. I believe you can tell a lot about a person's character by observing whether or not they put their shopping carts away in the parking lot "corrals" provided by stores.
2. I have never had a professional manicure or pedicure.
3. I read Stephen King's "The Stand" in one day when I was 17.
4. I begin almost every day of my life with 2 fried eggs and one piece of toast.
5. I was diagnosed with ADD about 6 years ago and have been taking Adderall intermittently ever since. Without health insurance it was approx. $500 a month, thus the "intermittent" part.
6. If I had been diagnosed with ADD and treated earlier in my life, I believe things would be very different for me.
7. My eldest child is named Charlie for 2 reasons: After Charles Barkley and because I saw the movie "Scent of A Woman" while pregnant and loved Chris O'Donnell's character.
8. The sound of Dave Matthew's voice makes me want to drop trou. Which is embarrassing if I hear it out in public.
9. I don't discuss politics with friends.
10. I met Chris Farley and George Wendt on the same night. I wept when Farley died.
11. I screen my calls. That said, I rarely have my cell phone nearby, and chances are no matter where it is, it's on vibrate. I usually miss the four or so calls I get a week. Sorry Mom.
12. When I'm on facebook I keep myself offline. If you see me online, it's either because one of my kids got to my account or I desperately need to talk to someone.
13. My daughter is named Molly after Molly Ringwald. And I'm not ashamed to admit it. John Hughes movies provided the soundtrack for my teens.
14. I've been a Sunday School teacher for the past 3 years. Don't laugh! This fall I'm going to move onto Confirmation with this same group and be their Small Group Leader. I said stop laughing.
15. Getting and staying pregnant was ridiculously easy for me. It's a miracle that I only did it four times. If I wasn't so old, I'd be a surrogate in a heartbeat.
16. I love doing laundry. No lie. LOVE IT.
17. Two books have changed my life: The World According To Garp and Push by Sapphire. Both for immensely different reasons.
18. I believe that every kid deserves a chance. Some deserve a multitude of chances. The world would be a better place if every kid had at least one good adult in their life.
19. Being nice is way easier than being a bitch. But sometimes the bitch just comes out.
20. My last break-up ended with my former lovah telling me, "You treat people like shit." That hurt. I think it's partially true...not that I do it on purpose, but I have poor interpersonal skills. I'm working on it.
21. I love, love, LOVE movies based on comic books. Watchmen made me cry.
22. I have never, ever had a flat stomach. Even at my fittest, before-babies-best, I had a pooch.
23. I hate talking on the phone. Hate it.
24. I have long hair but I'm beginning to feel awkward about it. I kind of "get" why women get short haircuts after a certain age now.
25. Speaking of hair...mine started getting some gray when I hit 36. If I didn't color it, I think it'd be about 45% silver. I wish I had the balls to just stop coloring it. But I think I might look like a bag lady.
26. It's essential for me to have some utterly alone time at least once a week. I go insane without it.
27. I think that whoever says "Money can't buy you happiness" has never been really poor. I don't know about happiness but money sure helps keep your kids fed.
28. I think every person in this country should watch a few episodes of Hoarders. It epitomizes the over-abundance and gluttony in America (with a healthy dollop of mental illness thrown in). And every time I watch an episode, I end up bringing a few bags of "hoardy stuff" to a donation drop stop the next morning.
29. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." That's why every t.v. in my house weighs 1000 lbs. and is the size of a portable dishwasher. Hey, they still work.
30. I love Ikea, but let's face it...whatever you buy there will be broken in under a year. It's "Pinewood Derby" furniture. (My bed is from Ikea, though, and remains unharmed. Probably due to lack of activity).
31. Seeing dead animals on the road makes me sad.
32. I think as a rule, most men drive like they screw. Some are patient and courteous, others are rude, abrasive and just want to get to the finish line first. Sadly the patient ones are usually senior citizens driving Buicks.
33. It is complete insanity that it costs $10.00 to go see a movie now. A movie that will most likely not be really good, and in all certainty will be on DVD within 8 weeks. Unless I start dating again, I'm boycotting. I know, the theater owners are trembling.
34. I'm a t.v. whore. I'll watch anything. Except NASCAR. And that Suite Life show.
35. I think freckles are cute.
36. I served as a pallbearer at my grandpa's funeral. Hands down the most emotionally hard-hitting moment of my life, yes even more so than having babies and getting divorced. He was a good man. Saying goodbye is tough.
37. I don't care if a guy looks like Quasimodo, put him in a cop/fireman/construction uniform and I'd do him. Ok maybe not do him, but I will look. The fact that "Rescue Me" is like 48 minutes of soft porn for me will attest to this fact.
38. My gaydar is strong and accurate. I called Lance Bass eons ago. I'm still waiting for a certain Jonas Brother to find the handle on the closet door.
39. You have to be a pretty ginormous asshole for me to not like you. Even if you're just a slight asshole chances are I'll cut you some slack.
40. Chances are slim to none that I'll ever get married again...and Slim ain't looking so good.
41. Yes I do believe that John Travolta and Tom Cruise aren't quite what they're advertised to be. Like, heterosexual. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
42. On that note, I had washed my hands of Tom Cruise until I saw him as Les Grossman. Get back get back, you don't know me like that. Priceless. Tom is redeemed.
43. I can't cook. Ok, I can make two things really well: Curry Chicken and Pot Roast. Anything other than that, it's questionable.
44. I was on anti-depressants for about 10 months. I know they really help some people but I felt like a comatose, emotionless zombie on those things. Quit cold turkey.
45. Two things that I try not to keep in my house: booze and potato chips. Not much good can come from either.
46. I can't wear wool. Nor can I wear jewelry that isn't gold or silver.
47. I collect Christmas ornaments/decor from the 50's and 60's. I think I was born in the wrong era.
48. I still dream about my ex-husband, at least a couple times a month. And in my dreams, we're usually quite amicable. Which means that maybe my subconscious is more mature than me.
49. Yeah I know, we're supposed to be feeding our kids whole foods and natural grains and yada yada, but whole wheat pasta sucks. No matter how much butter and cheese you put on it.
50. Where did I say I'd start to wane? I'm waning. Maybe I'll just call this my half-assed list of 101 Random Thoughts, Facts and Other Flotsam and Jetsam from Jenny.
51. If you care to comment, tell me a few things about you that fit in with this theme...I'm dying to know.
And that's a wrap ♥