6/15/10

My daughter makes me smile.

Molly and I were lying in my bed the other night. Sometimes she has trouble sleeping so we will hang out together (used to call it cuddling or snuggling but, come on, that's "gross") in my room, maybe watch some t.v. or else just talk.

We were holding our hands up, comparing them. She's only 14 but is already a good 3 inches taller than me, and her mitts dwarf mine. I looked at her smooth, beautiful hands, and then at mine, which are less than smooth and less than beautiful.

I said, "Molly, what a drag it is getting old. Some days I wish I could be young forever." (and yes, the Stones reference soared straight over her head).

She was quiet for a second, and then said, "You should become a vampire."

I love her.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet!! I cherish those special moments with our children :)

    I like the wisdom that comes with age, but not the aging body...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really don't know what you've got til it's gone...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...